Suzie’s Showboat Sausage & Veggie Soup
- 1 – 18 oz package Showboat Sausage any variety
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped potato
- 1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium chicken, beef, or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch dried basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Slice Showboat Sausage into about ½ rounds.In large pot slightly brown Showboat Sausage on medium heat, about 10 minutes, and drain and set aside. Add olive oil and onion sauté for 5 minutes. Add all other fresh vegetables, sautéing 5 -7 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, stock, bay leaf and basil bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes returning Showboat Sausage back to pot for last 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with garlic bread, biscuits, or your favorite grilled cheese sandwich!
- Variations: Omit potatoes, using 1 can of any low sodium or no sodium beans and 1 cup frozen corn.
- Try a garnish of parmesan cheese or a dollop of sour cream!