Summer Time Shrimp Boil w/ Showboat Sausage!
- 1-18 oz package Showboat Smoked Sausage, cut into 2-inch diagonal slices
- 1-12 oz bottle beer or ginger ale
- 1- 1½ oz bag seafood boil seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 garlic bulbs, halved
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed and halved
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- French baguette, lemon wedges, melted butter, and seafood seasoning
- Bring 4 quarts water and beer or ginger ale, seafood boil bag, salt, cayenne, bay leaves, onions to a boil in a 12-quart stockpot. Add potatoes; simmer 15 minutes. Add corn and Showboat Sausage; simmer 8 minutes. Add shrimp, cover, and turn off heat. Let shrimp sit 10 to 15 minutes to absorb flavor.
- Drain liquid, and spread shrimp boil out on a newspaper-covered table.
- Serve with baguette slices, lemon wedges, melted butter, and your favorite seafood seasoning!