Spicy Pasta Carbonara w/ Showboat
- 1-18 oz package Showboat Smoked sausage
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb pasta, spaghetti or other shape
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat sauté the Showboat Sausage and garlic, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes. Pour in the wine. Stir in the parsley. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Boil the pasta until al dente (slightly tender). Reserve ½ cup pasta water, drain the rest. Add the pasta and ¼ cup of reserved pasta cooking water to the sausage and toss over medium heat. Turn the heat off the sausage and pasta and slowly pour in the egg mixture stirring quickly. The low heat of the pasta and sausage should cook the egg mixture to a light sauce. If sauce becomes too thick use remaining ¼ cup of reserved pasta water to thin. Serve warm topped with more Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Tasty Variation: Sauté 2 cups mushrooms, sliced and ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned along with Showboat Sausage and garlic.