- 2 Tbsps. Olive Oil
- ½ Onion, sliced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 18 oz Pkg Showboat Brand Smoked Sausage diagonally cut into 1/4 inch slices HOT or MILD
- 1 Tsp. Dried Basil
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes fresh or 1- 28 oz Canned Diced or Stewed tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped for finishing
- 1 Pkg. Penne Pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Heat a large 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add oil, onions, mushrooms and Showboat Sausage, cook about 5 minutes until mushrooms are soft and smoked sausage is browned. Add dried basil and salt and cook for 2 minutes
- Stir in tomatoes bring to sizzle then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 10 minutes
- Stir in cooked pasta incorporating all ingredients together. Serve with fresh chopped parsley.
- Chef’s tip- For a creamy alternative…after tomatoes have simmered add in 1 cup of sour cream or crème fresh mixing with all ingredients then toss with pasta!