Showboat Sausage w/ Pan Seared Apples & Greens
- 1 – 18 oz package Showboat Smoked Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet & crisp apples like Pink Lady, Honey Crisp, Fuji or Gala halved through stem ends
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed (about 6 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, cut side down, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, 5–8 minutes.
- Prick Showboats with a fork, add to skillet with apples, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 10–12 minutes. Add wine and vinegar to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened (liquid should coat a spoon), about 4 minutes. Add watercress and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pan juices spooned over.
- Try other greens like baby spinach, baby kale or arugula for variation.