Showboat Sausage Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 1-18 oz package Showboat Smoked Sausage, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 box small pasta shells (16 oz)
- 2 cups frozen baby sweet peas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (8 oz)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In 6-quart saucepan, heat broth to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Add pasta shells; heat to boiling. Boil 6 minutes; do not drain. Reduce heat. Stir in peas and sausage.
Cover; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until shells are tender.
- Remove from heat. Add shredded cheese; toss gently until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with
Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
After melting shredded cheeses pour into greased casserole top with parmesan cheese and ½ cup bread crumbs bake 20 minutes in a 400° oven until sauce is bubbly and topping is golden.