Showboat Sausage Biscuit Bites
- Showboat Smoked Sausage- 4 to 6 links, sliced ¼ in pieces
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 -16 oz cans your favorite baked beans
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup light molasses
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tabs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- These baked beans can certainly be homemade completely from scratch…this recipe is our “kitchen-hack”. Enhancing your favorite canned baked beans with Showboat Smoked Sausage you’ve got a much quicker & easier path to savory deliciousness!
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, toss in the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onion is tender, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the Showboat Sausage, and continue to cook until the Showboats have browned, about 4 minutes more. Stir in the pork and beans, ketchup, molasses, sugar, vinegar, mustard.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
- Bring the beans up to a simmer, bake in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes, uncovered, until the mixture is bubbly and thick.