Showboat “Golden Goodness” Grilled Cheese
- 1 Showboat Sausage link
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 slices good sourdough bread or your favorite- no wrong choice!
- ¼ c. whipped cream cheese
- ¼ c. Gouda, shredded
- ¼ c. Monterey Jack, shredded
- Grilling these delectable sandwiches in the same pan as the Showboats gives them the prettiest glistening golden color.
- For 1 sandwich:
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with a Tablespoon of butter.
- On the opposite sides of the bread, spread 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese and top with the shredded cheese.
- Slice the sausage into three pieces lengthwise and cook in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Place the sausage on the cheese and bread and fold everything together, butter sides facing out.
- Cook sandwich in the same skillet over medium heat and on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown
- Serve immediately