Showboat & Broccoli Rabe Frittata
- 1 – 18 oz pack Showboat Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup grated cheddar, divided
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped
- Preheat broiler. Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Mix in ½ cup cheddar; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium heat. Add onion and Showboats cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 6–8 minutes. Add broccoli rabe; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8–10 minutes longer.
- Reduce heat to low and pour reserved egg mixture over vegetables. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until edges are just set, 10–12 minutes. Top frittata with remaining ¼ cup cheddar; broil until top is golden brown and center is set, about 4 minutes longer.
- Allow frittata to sit a few minutes- for top to deflate and edges will pull away from skillet.
- Cut frittata into wedges and serve warm or room temperature.
- Frittata can be made 2 hours ahead. Let cool, then cover
- Chef’s Note: Chopped and blanched broccoli florets, chopped asparagus, spinach or kale can easily be substituted for broccoli rabe.