Queso Fundido con Showboat Sausage
- 3 Showboat Smoked Sausage links, sliced
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 ounces shredded Chihuahua cheese, if hard to find Monterey Jack can be substituted
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce for extra zing
- Lime wedges and warm tortillas or tortilla chips (for serving)
- Blister chile on a stove top over high heat, turning occasionally, until blackened all over, 10–12 minutes (alternatively, you can use a broiler). Place in a small bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let sit until chile is soft, 15–20 minutes. Remove peel and seeds; discard. Coarsely chop flesh.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small skillet over medium. Heat Showboat Sausage until browned and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Layer half the chile, half the Showboats, 1 tsp. hot sauce, and half of cheese in a heavy broiler-proof dish or small cast-iron skillet (ideally 5″ wide). Broil until cheese is melted and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven and repeat layers with remaining chile, Showboats, hot sauce, and cheese. Broil until top layer is melted and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes longer.
- Top with scallion and cilantro; serve with lime wedges and tortillas or chips.