JOLLY SHOWBOAT- “Cocktail Appetizer”
- 1-18 oz package of mild or hot Showboat Sausage cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of high quality whiskey**
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ of an onion finely grated
- In a medium sauce pan add the ketchup, grated onion and brown sugar. Stir and cook on medium heat until brown sugar dissolved. Add the whiskey and the bite size pieces of Showboat Sausage. Reduce heat to simmer for one hour stirring occasionally serve immediately or serve in a small crock pot so they stay warm throughout your event with toothpicks on the side.
- **1 cup apple cider is a good substitution if alcohol is not preferred