Grilled Showboat Tacos
- 1 – 18 oz pack Showboat Smoked Sausage, quartered lengthwise
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 bunch scallions
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- ½ bunch cilantro
- Lime wedges & Sour Cream or Queso Fresco (for serving)
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Toss onion, bell peppers, and scallions with oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and black pepper. Grill vegetables until lightly charred and tender, about 2 minutes for scallions and 10 minutes for onion and bell peppers. Transfer to a cutting board as they are done; let cool.
- Grill sausage, turning halfway through, until lightly charred and warmed through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to platter or serving dish.
- Rough chop onion and bell peppers toss with lime juice. Place scallions and veggies on platter or small bowls.
- Lightly char tortillas and serve warm with Showboat Sausage, scallions, onion, bell peppers, cilantro, sour cream, and lime wedges for squeezing over.
- Chef’s Tip: Try sprinkling on queso fresco for a creamy and textured zing!