Double Stacked Showboat Sausage & Potato Quesadillas
- 1- 18 oz pack Showboat Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 baking potato (about 1/2 pound), chopped to small dice
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- ¼ cup Chopped red onion
- ½ cup Cilantro leaves
- ½ lb. Monterey Jack cheese
- With a great time-saving method of baking these quesadillas you‘ll have dinner or appetizers in a flash!
- Heat the oven to 425°F. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the sausage over moderately high heat, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the sausage from the pan. Discard pan drippings.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon oil in the pan over moderate heat. Add the potato, and the salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place 4 of the tortillas on a work surface. Put half of the sausage, potato, onion, cilantro, and cheese on the tortillas, spreading the ingredients all the way to the edge, and top with 4 more tortillas. Repeat with the remaining sausage, potato, onion, cilantro, and cheese and cover with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Brush the tops of the quesadillas with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with paprika for color. Place the quesadillas on a baking sheet and bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve. Be sure to serve with your favorite frosty beverage!