“Cajun Pot O’ St. Patty”- Braised Cabbage, Potato & Showboat Sausage
- 1-18 oz package Showboat Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 cups 1″ cubed Yukon gold/red potatoes
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 1″ pieces [about 3 lb]
- 1 cup spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp fennel seed
- 2/3 cup beer any variety OR chicken stock
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat cook the Showboat Smoked sausages for 2-3 minutes until the sausage slices are beginning to brown. Add the chopped green onions. Continue to cook until the onions begin to soften, about 3 minutes
- Add the minced garlic and fennel seed. Cook about 2 minutes. Top with the cubed potatoes and chopped cabbage. Pour the beer or chicken stock and cider vinegar over the cabbage. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender and the cabbage is cooked through, stir occasionally. Uncover, and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook uncovered until the pan juices have evaporated and the cabbage is beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir well and adjust the salt & black pepper to your taste. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley.